1) So I’m not going to bombard you forever with my sewing progress. But let’s just point out that the fabric from a cloth book ripped apart and waiting to be made into a quilt can make a nice backdrop for a picture book.
2) I was going to work on it, and even had fabric picked out to make extra quilt blocks – fabric that came from my stash and that I didn’t purchase extra – but then I saw the pair of fleece pj pants cut a few weeks ago for the daughter and decided I should try to finish something before I start to really dig into this new project. And then my bobbin thread ran out, and everyone knows how much everyone hates to change the bobbin. So that was that. No more sewing updates for awhile.
3) Parents – if you are crazy enough to want some high quality mixed media art lessons for your child(ren) you probably want to check out Alisha Gratehouse and her lessons. She makes everyone in our house feel like an artist by the time a project is finished. We’re even (willingly and joyfully) hanging the art up in the house! Where it can be seen. The price is right, too. So that whether you have a couple, several, few, or gaggle of children it’s affordable. That’s not an affiliate link, by the way. But I think I’ll make it one eventually.
4) I finally started reading Outlander.
5) Hey! I also want you all to know that stars aligned, the freezer held the secret, and the book was where it was supposed to be so that today, on the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe, we are having fish tacos and AND I read the Tomie de Paola book to the kids. Major score! And if I don’t line up any other feast day half as good for the next several years you can all know I shine this time. Just so that you realize it, I set up a nice little vignette and took a picture. Yes I know Tomie de Paola wrote a book on Our Lady of Guadalupe and that it would be a better choice. But this is what I have! We make it work.
6) Please note: The above photo is no indication of my decorating skillz or of how “together” I am. I have about zero decorating skillz and am rarely together. But I do like to set up a nice picture…
7) last week I ran a little long and I apologized, and Kelly kindly pointed out I was 36 words too lon-
Go on now and read all those beautiful posts about Our Lady of Guadaupe. Also? Go ahead and write a blog post and join in! It’s a nice way to wrap up the week and meet new people. But be quick!